Workforce Health Assistant - Employee Health Services
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
A Rewarding Healthy Working Environment:
Caring for Ourselves is at the Heart of Putting Patients First
At NewYork-Presbyterian, we are committed to providing a safe, caring environment for our patients and staff. Our Employee Health Services Department is essential to our success as one of the nation’s top hospitals. Employee Health Services (EHS) programs provide services and programs that help ensure an optimal, safe working environment, where professionals are inspired to perform at their best for patients—each and every day.
Workforce Health Assistant – Employee Health Services – Days
The Workforce Health Assistant will provide administrative and clinical support by initiating and following-through on all patients seen in the EHS Department. Responsibilities will include answering telephones, scheduling patient appointments, performing maintenance on patient charts, monitoring department inventory and assisting Nurses and Nurse Practitioners in exam rooms when needed to ensure smooth patient flow. In collaboration with Human Resources, you will perform annual health assessments and pre-placement onboarding which includes performing phlebotomy and respiratory fit testing for both new hires and volunteers.
This is a full-time, day shift position located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Minimum of two years of experience in a medical office
- Knowledge of medical procedures (i.e., patient vital signs)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.