Ultrasound Technologist Reg - Ultrasound - Part-Time - Day Shift Including Weekends-Holidays and On-Call Hours As Needed
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
As an Ultrasound Technologist, you will perform ultrasound examinations as requested under the direct supervision of the radiologist/sonologist. You will communicate clearly with patients to explain the exam, answer questions, and relay information regarding what to expect during the exam. Verify patient clinical history as it pertains to the exam, and evaluate related tests and images. In this role, you will have the ability to write technologist notes as it relates to the findings. Report malfunctions of related equipment and provide immobilization devices as required.
This is a part-time day shift position 9:00am-3:00pm Including weekends/holidays and on-call requirements as needed, located at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- High School Diploma or equivalence
- Graduate of an accredited program in Ultrasound Technology
- At least 2 years of experience in patient care with training in Ultrasound and knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy
- If working in the Diagnostic Imaging Center, must have at least 3 years of direct ultrasound experience post training in General Sonography (ie Abdominal, Pelvic, Small Part) and Doppler interrogation (ie upper abdomen, female and male reproductive system)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer with American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS)
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.