Transportation Assistant - Central Patient Transport - Part-Time - Day/Evening
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
In this role, the Transportation Assistant will be responsible for assisting technologists and nursing staff in moving patients to and from treatment tables, stretchers, wheelchairs, and beds.
- Notifies nursing staff when patients are transported.
- Signs patients in and out of nursing register on the floor in accordance with nursing policy.
- Ensure all patients' files are kept in compliance with Hospital Policy.
- All rules and policies for radiation protection and infection control.
- Perform non-related duties as directed in emergency situations.
- Able to lift, move and position patients of all weight with varying amount of assistance in a fair manner on regular and recurring basis using proper body mechanics.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Knowledge of, or experience in transporting patients preferred
Work requires frequent and constant periods of standing, walking, be able to (push, pulling, & lift 10+ lbs) reaching, talking, noise, hearing, & color vision, manual dexterity and mobility & visual – computer screen. Must be able to occasionally be around dust, vapors, fumes, extreme heat/cold, exposure to weather, stooping, kneeling, crouching, & crawling.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.