Transitional Care Coordinator - Pharmacy - Day Shift Monday-Friday
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the team atNewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Transitional Care Coordinator is responsible for improving outcomes and reducing readmission rates through medication management for high-risk patient populations during care transitions. Typical responsibilities include performing medication reconciliation and delivering patient-centered medication education in both the inpatient and outpatient setting. In addition with direct patient care initiatives, the transitions of care coordinator will drive pharmacy initiatives, such as the "Meds to Beds" program, to improve medication use outcomes and reduce costs.
- Completion of a PGY-1 residency program.
- Community and/or outpatient pharmacy experience.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy.
- In compliance with New York State CE Credit requirements.
- Re-registration requires proof of required number of CE credits.
- Current Licensed and Registered in New York State.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Decision Making and Judgement: Professional competence and common sense.
- Communication: Ability to relay medical information in “lay language”
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.