Technician X-Ray-NYPresbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn-Orthopedic Surgery
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
NYPresbyterian Medical Group-Brooklyn
X-Ray Technician Full Time-Days
ARRT Certification Required
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
Prepares patients for radiologic examinations in a professional and courteous manner. Operates stationary and mobile x-ray equipment and processes films according to established procedures.
Essential Job Duties
- Greets patients, visitors and employees in a courteous manner. Identifies self by name upon meeting patient and explains the procedures to be performed, clearly and concisely. Is sensitive to patient needs when performing procedures; i.e., gentle positioning of patient, providing blanket for warmth, preserving the modesty and dignity of patient. Responds to inquiries politely and promptly.
- Refers matters outside the scope of own duties to appropriate others as necessary, keeping patients and others informed as needed.
- Prepares and verbally instructs patients regarding procedure prior to testing. Administers mixtures, i.e., barium as directed. Arranges and adjusts mobilization and supportive devices to ensure patient safety and comfort; positions patient for optimal diagnostic views.
- Adjusts x-ray equipment to proper setting for each examination. Determines necessary voltage, exposure time, etc., for each radiograph. Positions x-ray equipment at proper distance and angle in order to ensure clear and precise films.
- Takes radiographs according to established procedure, at different angles as prescribed by physicians. Follows personal safety measures in accordance with established procedure; wears radiation badge. Ensures safety and comfort of patient is maintained during procedures.
- Develops and processes films. May assist in making minor repairs or adjustments to equipment as necessary.
- Enters appropriate data/information in departmental computer system for each case performed by using computer keyboard. Completes necessary written documentation as required to provide information vital to accurate and timely patient care and billing requirements. May affix computer generated patient I.D. label onto x-ray card/films.
- Prepares charge tickets for various x-ray procedures performed. Maintains skill according to policies established by licensing and registry, i.e., continuing education, training, etc. Maintains appropriate records and files.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
Graduate of approved School of Radiology (two years)
New York State X-Ray Technologist License
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Experience working in a hospital or medical practice environment.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.