Technician Medical Surgical-Medical Group-Kings County Brooklyn
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pride!
Technician Medical Surgical-Urology Practice- 6th. Avenue Brooklyn
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home.
Assists in the planning, implementing and evaluating patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Greets patients, visitors and employees in a courteous manner.
- Observes patients conditions, reports abnormal conditions to staff nurse and records appropriate documentation in patient’s records. Measures and records patient height and weight, performs routine vision and hearing examinations, and takes pulse and blood pressure readings. Draws blood from patients and/or performs finger sticks and obtains other specimens as requested by physician or registered nurse.
- Assists with diagnostic procedures using aseptic principles in creating and maintaining a sterile field during procedures. Uses technical skills regarding positioning, wound care, and dressings.
- Maintains stock items for examination and blood drawing rooms, forms used by clinical staff, etc. Notifies appropriate others to order depleted stock. Maintains a safe, sanitary and therapeutic environment for patient care; assists in the cleaning and maintenance of technical equipment used in patient care and utility room; reports equipment requiring repairs to appropriate others.
- May answer telephones and issue appointments as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Medical Assistant Certification
One or more years of experience as a Medical Assistant preferably with a Urology Practice.
High School Diploma or equivalent GED
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.