Supervisor Volunteer Services - Volunteer Services - Part-Time Day Shift 9:00am-5:00pm Including Weekends/Holidays & One Weekday
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Supervisor of Volunteer Services is responsible for coordination of all weekend volunteers and special projects.
- A major in Sociology, Education or Psychology.
- Bachelor’s Degree. A major in sociology, education, or psychology preferred.
- Prior experience working in a multi-faceted volunteer program, preferably in a health-related setting.
- Proven ability to establish positive relationships and to relate successfully to a diverse group of paid and non-paid staff.
- Computer literacy.
- Proven public speaking skills a must.
- Experience managing programs and/or a diverse group of contributors.
- Ability to write creatively and factually
- Highly developed organizational, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to respond rapidly to changing situations.
- Weekends and one weekday.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.