Supervisor Social Services - Social Work - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
In this role, the Social Work Supervisor is responsible for helping the department Director oversee the daily functioning of the department possibly including but not limited to the following duties: supervising staff, managing schedules and calendars, attending administrative meetings, managing department statistics and reporting, maintaining communication and collaboration between the department and other hospital staff, administrators and managers, overseeing compliance with regulatory agencies, hospital policies and procedures and JCAHO standards and assisting the director with furthering the goals of the department.
- Supervises and coordinates assigned staff, services and services and programs.
- Provides supervision on a weekly basis as needed for new staff and biweekly for experienced staff.
- Evaluates performance of staff on an ongoing basis through Review of productivity data, chart reviews, supervisory session, and consultation with members from the assigned services.
- Recommends hiring, transfers, promotions and other personnel actions to the Director.
- Works with the Director to identify issues which impact on the effective and efficient delivery of Social Work/Discharge Planning services.
- Assists staff to become familiar with and to work within policies and procedures of the Department and Hospital and to acquire knowledge about the appropriate utilization of community resources.
- In conjunction with the Director, develops new policies, program goals and implementation plane for quality improvement, Management Information System and Discharge Planning.
- Keeps informed about community agencies and services and acts as a liaison between these resources, the Department and the Hospital.
- Assumes responsibility for planning and participating in professional education programs within the department, hospital and community.
- Participates in recruiting, screening, selecting and orientating new personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of biopsychosocial factors related to the ages of the patients served, and incorporates knowledge base into the treatment and discharge plan.
- Performs all other duties as requested.
- M.S.W. from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Experience working in a hospital and in a social work management position preferably with supervisory experience.
- NYS Licensed Master or Clinical Social Worker.
- Knowledge of the principles of social work practice in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge of relevant community resources, entitlement and benefit programs
- A comprehensive familiarity with Federal, State and Municipal regulations which impact upon assigned services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Proficiency in computer and office systems
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.