Supervisor - Robert Center for Community Health Navigation - Days(Flex)
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Supervises department activities and staff to ensure effective operations in accordance with established Hospital procedures. Reports to the Manager or Practice Administrator.
- Recommends personnel actions, including hiring and firing, and prepares written performance evaluations. Establishes baseline standards for meeting performance goals, and monitors and maintains work performance quality standards. May assign and/or schedule work, conducts on-the-job training and answer job-related questions.
- Interprets and implements hospital/departmental policies and procedures. Supervises day-to-day operations to ensure effective delivery of department services. Acts as liaison between department manager and staff.
- Contributes to the implementation of programs to improve the quality of departmental services. Maintains safety standards to ensure maximum protection for patients and staff. Attends and participates in departmental meetings, as needed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of approved systems to provide cost-effective management of departmental activities (i.e., information retrieval, scheduling, and productivity). May retrieve data using department computer system, check output for accuracy and completeness and maintains on-line system support. Makes appropriate recommendations to department Manager to improve systems and department operations.
- Ensures timely and accurate flow of information to staff and senior management. Also maintains effective communication with other hospital employees in related departments, when necessary to ensure efficient departmental operations. May coordinate department activities with patient care and other hospital services. Responds to department related inquiries, address problems, take corrective action and refer unresolved matters to department Manager or appropriate others as necessary.
- Determines work schedules, including holiday and vacation time. May coordinate activities, tools, etc. with other departments and service groups, as necessary.
- Collects information related to department operations and assist in the preparation of summaries and reports as required. May gather data to aid in the creation of the departmental budget.
- May relieve Manager during temporary absences.
- Performs all duties inherent to managerial role. Participates in hiring, training, evaluation and termination of assigned staff according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university required; Bachelor’s preferred
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in Primary or Community Health required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills and computer skill required
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.