Supervisor Plant - Facilities Maintenance - Day Shift
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the Facilities Management team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
Supervises the operation and maintenance of the central boiler and chiller plants including all associated utility distribution systems to ensure safe, reliable and efficient delivery of steam, chilled water, compressed air and condensate return.
This is a full time day shift position including on-call hours as needed for emergencies, located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ years related experience
- A detailed working knowledge of Boilers and ancillary equipment.
- A detailed working knowledge of Chillers and auxiliary equipment.
- Knowledge of control equipment associated with steam raising plant, chilled water production and chemical dosing.
- Knowledge of the regulation governing steam raising plant and chilled water production.
- Knowledge of safe working practices.
- New York City High Pressure Steam Engineer License.
- New York City Refrigeration Operators License, unlimited tonnage.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge in theuse of CMMS systems to organize and track staff work performance.
- The ability to measure and assess performance, monitor progress, plan projects and coordinate with other workshops to ensure timely work completion.
- The ability to communicate effectively with superiors, peers and subordinates.
- Must be customer orientated.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.