Supervisor Patient Transport - Central Patient Transport - Day Shift Including Weekends-Holidays And On-Call Hours On An As Needed Basis
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Join the Central Patient Transport team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Supervisor Patient Transport Coordinate’s the daily scheduling and execution of patient movement and/or item delivery throughout the Hospital, in accordance with established procedures. You will have an opportunity to participate in the evaluation of employees, conduct staff training and facilitate daily scheduling to ensure timely movement and delivery of patients and/or items.
This is a full time day shift position including weekends/holidays and on-call hours on an as needed basis, located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Previous supervisory experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least two (2) years of related experience
- Basic computer literacy.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including telephone and calculator.
- Must be able to operate all patient transport equipment including stretchers and wheel chairs.
- Must be capable of demonstrating the use of this equipment to patient transport staff.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.