Supervisor Laboratory Services - Core Lab-Blood Bank - Night Shift
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
Join the laboratory leadership team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
Supervisor Laboratory Services – Core Lab/Blood Bank – Full Time Night Shift
In this role, the Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for organizing and directing the daily activities of the laboratory section assigned. Maintain adequate inventory and supplies. Responsible for validity of test results, quality control and quality assurance. Participates in continuing education program. Has the authority to recommend, select, discipline, and discharge personnel.
- Twelve months clinical training in all laboratory sections.
- ASCP certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related degree.
- Qualified as a medical technologist and has had at least six years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience subsequent to qualifying of which at least two years have been spent working in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level.
- Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- Basic computer literacy
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2020-2021." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.