Supervisor Laboratory Services - Center for Community Health - Laboratory Infusion Center - Day Shift
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Be a Leader in High-Quality Innovative Care:
Laboratory Services at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. The Center for Community Health, opening February 2021 in the heart of Park Slope at our NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, will set a new bar in personalized outpatient care -- from diagnosis to treatment -- by integrating new technologies and innovative clinical approaches to provide the highest quality care and enhance the patient experience.
This 400,000 –square foot, multi-specialty ambulatory center encompasses a Comprehensive Cancer and Women’s Health Center, 12 ambulatory surgery operating rooms and Multispecialty physician practices.
Supervisor Laboratory Services - Center for Community Health - Laboratory Infusion Center - Days
In this role, as the Supervisor Laboratory Services, you'll be responsible for organizing and directing the daily activities of the laboratory section assigned. You'll maintain adequate inventory and supplies. You'll be responsible for validity of test results, quality control and quality assurance. You'll participate in continuing education program. You'll have the authority to recommend, select, discipline, and discharge personnel.
This is a full time day shift position Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat 8:30am - 4:30pm. This position is located across from NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital at our Center for Community Health.
- Twelve months clinical training in all laboratory sections.
- ASCP certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related degree.
- Qualified as a medical technologist and has had at least six years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience subsequent to qualifying of which at least two years have been spent working in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level.
- Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
Join us at NYP’s newest state-of-the-art ambulatory care center and make a difference in the lives of our patients as you build a rewarding career.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.