Short Order Cook - Food & Nutrition - Part-Time - Day Shift 7:00am-3:00pm Including Weekends & Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, The Short Order Cook must set up workstations and provide meal service to staff and visitors from the grill area. Performs breakdown and clean-up of workstations and other related duties.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic computer literacy.
- One year of food service, customer service and grill experience.
- Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer and flat top grill.
- Must be able to behave courteously and politely to coworkers and customers.
- Must be able to prepare fast food items (i.e. eggs, hamburgers, French fries, etc.)
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.