Senior Physician Assistant - PA - Orthopedics
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Physician Assistants at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist:
A Growing, Autonomous Team
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital has been providing outstanding medical care to the surrounding communities for over 135 years. As skilled clinicians and respected collaborators, our PAs Put Patients First day and night. See what it's like. Experience autonomy and camaraderie unique to our team. From our expertise and expanding responsibilities, PA's are highly respected collaborators, working as a part of a cohesive team to ensure the care and caring of our patients and their families while being committed to our culture of Putting Patients First. Practice the art and science of evidence-based medicine at New York-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
Senior Physician Assistant – Orthopedics
Under the direction of the Director, Department of Physician Assistant Services, the Senior Physician Assistant will provide leadership and direction to a set number of staff members. Responsible for ensuring all standard policies and procedures are followed and credentialing guidelines are met. Will promote a positive, nurturing and stimulating work environment for all staff. Responsible for all performance related reviews and metrics. Other responsibilities include the recruitment and hiring of staff, training of new and existing employees, precepting students and special projects as assigned.
This is a full-time, Monday - Friday, day shift position with flexibility for Night/Weekend coverage as needed. This position is located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Prior experience managing physician assistants
- Prior experience developing staff
- A minimum of five years of prior Physician Assistant experience in Orthopedics
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree from an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Current New York State Physician Assistant licensure required
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification and Advanced Certified Life Support (ACLS)
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.