Security Officer - Security - Part-Time - Evenings
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
In this role, the Security Officer / Driver will provide a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors and employees. The Security Officer will perform all duties assigned consistent with New York Methodist Hospital's commitment to providing quality health care services in a compassionate and humane manner.
· Patrols designated buildings, off-site premises, and parking lots to maintain order and safety.
· Questions unauthorized persons in hospital and ejects loiterers and disorderly persons.
· Responds to emergencies, i.e., fire, chemical spills, disasters, terrorist attacks, bomb threats, floods, etc.
· Prepares written Incident reports of all necessary situations, legibility and to facts.
· Assist in routine information to patients, visitors and employees and directs them to proper individual or office.
· Insures that no vehicles are parked in restricted areas.
· Responsible for the enforcement of safety rules and regulations within the hospital.
· Reports any fire hazards unsafe or secured conditions to the Security Supervisor.
· Conducts weekly safety inspections.
· Transports specimens, deliveries, pick up supplies, mail and all other transportation assignments as assigned
· Hospital cars to be driven safely and cleaned at all times.
· Assists hospital personnel with loading and off-loading of all materials.
· Picks up debris from hospital property and places it in proper wastebaskets.
· Reports any unusual circumstances immediately to Supervisor.
· Performs all other duties as assigned by Director, Supervisor or designee.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- 8 & 16 Hour Security Course
- NYS Security License
- Driver's License
- One year Security experience within a hospital or related medical setting preferred
- Must be able to write and communicate effectively with all levels of staff and visitors
- Writing legibility and clearly
- Basic computer literacy is required.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.