Section Chief Technologist - Laboratory Microbiology - Days Including Rotating Weekends & Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the leadership team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Section Chief Technologist assists supervisor as technical resource person for technicians, technologists and support staff. Assume the role of the most technically experienced staff technologist. Works under the supervision of the section Supervisor and assumes duties of the supervisor during their absences.
- Specialist in Microbiology SC (ASCP) strongly preferred.
- ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist MT(ASCP) or Medical Laboratory Scientist CLT-NYS certification preferred.
- B.S. Medical Technology or equivalent from an accredited school.
- 6 years of experience in a clinical laboratory subsequent to qualifying as a medical technologist.
- NYS License as a Medical Technologist.
- Strong communication skills, organized and detail oriented
- Must have basic computer literacy.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.