Registrar - ER Registration - Part-Time - Evening Shift Including Weekends & Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
Evening Shift 4:00pm-12:00am Including Weekends & Holidays
In this role, under direction, the Registrar maintains a smooth workflow within the Admitting Department's Admitting, Emergency Room (ER), and/or Labor and Delivery (L&D) Areas. Oversees the registration process to ensure patients are registered courteously, confidentially, efficiently, accurately and professionally. Interview patient or representatives for financial and demographic data and accurately inputting information into the Hospital's ADT/Clinical computer systems. Performs a variety of clerical duties directly related to the Admissions, Discharges and Transfers of patients according to the NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital's policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least one year of registration related experience.
- Basic computer literacy required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.