Registrar - Admitting - Part-Time - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
In this role, under direction, the Registrar maintains a smooth workflow within the Admitting Department's Admitting, Emergency Room (ER), and/or Labor and Delivery (L&D) Areas. Oversees the registration process to ensure patients are registered courteously, confidentially, efficiently, accurately and professionally. Interview patient or representatives for financial and demographic data and accurately inputting information into the Hospital's ADT/Clinical computer systems. Performs a variety of clerical duties directly related to the Admissions, Discharges and Transfers of patients according to the NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital's policies and procedures.
- Responding appropriately to professional staff and client demands.
- Assisting management in sustaining a high quality of service.
- Cross-trained in all areas of Admitting, ER and L&D.
- Interviews patients or representatives for financial and demographic data, accurately inputting information into the Hospital's ADT/Clinical computer systems.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties directly related to the Admissions, Discharges and Transfers of patients according to the New York Methodist Hospital's policies and procedures.
- Works directly with physicians, nurses, affiliated and or nonaffiliated hospitals, Administration, and varied Hospital Departments to ensure continuity of patient care.
- Performs all duties as assigned, consistent with the NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital's commitment to providing quality health care services in a compassionate and humane manner.
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least one year of registration related experience required.
- Knowledge of insurance preferred.
- Basic computer literacy required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.