Registered Nurse - RN - Cath Lab - Per Diem - D/E
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Cardiac Nurses Make It Possible
Registered Nurse - RN - Cardiac Cath Lab - Per-diem - D/E
Cardiac nursing at NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital means complex cases, rare technology – and a finely tuned, inspiring team care-giving approach. The Cardiac Catherization Laboratory is at the cutting edge of interventional cardiology participating in major NIH studies and the evaluation of novel clinical approaches. The goals of the Cardiac Cath Lab are to render the best quality, cutting-edge, minimally invasive interventional services for patients with cardiac disease. Nurses work side-by-side with physicians who utilize highly effective techniques to obviate the need for open-heart surgery, consequently reducing the amount of invasive procedures performed on patients.
At NewYork-Presbyterian, nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
You’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. It’s the kind of nursing that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism. And it’s your opportunity to enjoy strong team dynamic, autonomy, shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
This is a per-diem day/evening position, 5 shift per month is required.
- At least one year of Cath Lab or EP Lab RN experience
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing or Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current New York State License as a Registered Nurse (or willingness to obtain)
- At least one year of acute critical care RN experience
- BLS and ACLS certification through the American Heart Association
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.