Registered Echocardiograph Technologist - RDCS - Cardiology - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works at NYP Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist is known for delivering quality healthcare services to the surrounding community for over 135 years. Smart, knowledgeable, technologists like you help us diagnose challenging conditions, continuing a tradition of historic innovation and care. Now, you have the opportunity to join this amazing team. Take initiative and balance the perfect blend of patient care and clinical practices. Bring the best in care and caring, all while providing quality patient assessments and ensuring optimal diagnostic results.
Echocardiograph Technologist - RDCS - Cardiology - Days
The Registered Echocardiograph Technologist is responsible for performing echocardiograms and assisting Physicians with trans-esophageal echocardiograms in addition to echo portions of cardiac stress testing. In this role, you will recognize vascular and cardiac abnormalities, and explain all aspects of the multiple test procedures to patients while administering two-dimensional, three-dimensional, m-mode, strain and Doppler echocardiograms.
This is a full-time, day shift position working Sunday - Thursday with varied hours between 7:30AM - 3:30PM, 8AM - 4PM, 9AM - 5PM and 10AM - 6PM, located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- 1-2 years of prior Electrocardiograph experience preferred
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound or Echocardiography program
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) required within 90 days of hire
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- Ability to make independent analytical and conceptual decisions, while demonstrating sound judgement based on clinical experience and scientific knowledge
- Demonstrates professional competency, is innovative and self-directing
- Ability to operate all vascular testing equipment, EKG machines, as well as ultrasound equipment in the unit
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.