Radiology Technologist - Radiology-Diagnostic - Part-Time - Evenings Weekdays - Day Shift Sundays Including Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
In this role, the Radiology Technologist will be responsible for the preparation and execution of: Prep Studies, limited special procedures (Lumbar Punctures/Myelograms/Pain Management cases) Portable Exams, Routine Diagnostic and Emergency procedures along with limited non-vascular O.R. exams. This candidate will perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to obtain required images for a radiological diagnosis. Responding appropriately to professional staff and patient demands. Assisting management in sustaining a high quality of service.
- Reviews clinical information on requisition for each patient, prepares and executes the requested examination according to the standard protocol procedures or the radiologist in charge.
- Identifies each patient, reviews requisition and records pertinent data on requisition (Cerner) at all times. (Pregnancy, LMC, difficulty and limited views, reasons for delays, etc…)
- Assists radiologists and other physicians in performing exams
- Develops films / Image Processing to PACS
- Reviews each examination for technical accuracy.
- Captures correct anatomical part and marker I.D. on all required images and ensures proper patient identification on all images.
- Insures adherence to safety standards.
- Communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of the patient following the procedure.
- Reports malfunction of equipment to supervisor.
- Responses to Radiology Pager / STAT 1 Life / Trauma Codes / or any urgent patient care issues (related and non-related duties)
- Assess patient condition, ensures patient safety through proper use of restraints/support devices.
- Graduate of an accredited Radiography Technologist program.
- High School Diploma/GED required, Associates Degree preferred.
- ARRT certification in radiography/. N.Y. State Depart of Health License/ 24 CE Credits every 2 years is required
- Candidate must possess minimum of one-year experience in General Diagnostic Radiology or graduate students of our clinical affiliate, Center of Allied Health Education School of Radiology with one year of observed clinical training will be considered.
- Working weekends and holidays is required
Work requires standing, walking, pushing, sitting, pulling, lifting, talking and hearing.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.