Radiology Technologist - Xray - Full Time - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the Radiology team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Radiology Technologist will be responsible for the preparation and execution of: Prep Studies, limited special procedures (Lumbar Punctures/Myelograms) Portable Exams, Routine Diagnostic and Emergency procedures along with limited non-vascular O.R. exams. This candidate will perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and initiative to obtain required images for a radiological diagnosis. Responding appropriately to professional staff and patient demands. Assisting management in sustaining a high quality of service.
This is a full-time day shift position located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, with alternating week schedules:
week 1: Tuesday- Sunday 8:00am - 4:00pm
week 2: Tuesday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) strongly preferred
- Graduate of an accredited Radiography Technologist program.
- High School Diploma/GED
- N.Y. State Department of Health X-ray License
- New Graduates: Temporary license required and must supply exam date prior to start of employment. New York State Radiologic Technologist license must be obtained within six months of hire
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2021-2022." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.