LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, under supervision of the Radiation Oncologist and Coordinator performs various technical duties including, but not limited to all necessary jobs related to the delivery of a course of radiation therapy. Using age competency skills, communicate pertinent information to the patients and their appointed family members and offer essential information to enable the patient to complete their course of therapy. The therapist will be actively involved in teaching the Radiation Oncology residents and the students in the School of Radiation Oncology.
- 3 years of experience in all areas of radiation therapy to include brachytherapy and immobilization fabrication.
- Graduate of an approved school of radiation therapy.
- Experience with clinical set ups and contours.
- Hold a current state license in good standing.
- ARRT Registered Technologist.
- Hold current CPR certification.
- Ability to work independently.
- High confidence level.
- Excellent patient care skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to understand dosimetry plans and calculations.
- Excellent computer skills related to basic office, record/verify and EMR.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.