Quality & Patient Safety Specialist - Medical Affairs
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Setting Standards, Changing Lives
Join the patient-inspired team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist, and bring new meaning to your career. Step into the fast-paced world of performance improvement and regulatory affairs and help drive the success of various initiatives throughout our organization. As an academic medical center, we have been providing outstanding medical care to the surrounding communities for over 135 years and outcomes-oriented professionals like you are setting new standards for performance improvement. By doing so, we are able to continuously build on our reputation for excellence in patient care. Now, you have the opportunity to join us!
Quality & Patient Safety Specialist – Medical Affairs
As a Quality & Patient Safety Specialist, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and improving programs to establish and maintain Quality and Patient Safety standards of existing products and services, as well as developing programs to focus on the care provided to patients. You will guide the participation of NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist in the implementation of the Hospital’s quality plans by collaborating and facilitating with department leadership to identify opportunities for improvement. Work closely with QM Specialists and QM Analysts to develop and coordinate performance improvement collaborative programs using clinical and outcome data related to medical management and PI. Developing interdepartmental relationships and analytical skills are key to the being successful in the position. Be the face of efficient and effective performance improvement, and help make a life-changing difference.
This is a full-time, day shift position located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Previous experience in Quality and Performance Improvement
- Master's degree in a related field
- Previous clinical experience as an RN or PA
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Work & PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a healthcare related position
- Knowledge of quality and performance improvement methods
- Strong analytical and effective communication skills
- Ability to instill trust and drive engagement to effectively motivate and encourage teamwork and collaboration to drive desired outcomes
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.