Program Director Capacity Management - Administration - Day Shift Monday-Friday Including Some Weekends & Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the leadership team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Program Director of Capacity Management is responsible for performing and supporting the assessment, design, and implementation of The Capacity Management Program at NYPH/BMH. The Program Director is accountable for the management of all in patient bed flow requests from ED, PACU, ICU, and outside facilities and collaborating with Admission Department, Nursing, local and enterprise wide transfer centers and Enterprise PPOC’s to assure expedited placement of patients to beds. The Director will direct a team of RN Patient Flow Coordinators and Patient Flow Representatives. Position is responsible for reporting and review of patient flow and bed capacity status using a dashboard to include relevant metrics for all departments.
- BSN degree
- Masters in Nursing or related field if already holds a BSN degree. Either bachelors or graduate degree must be in nursing.
- 3 years of Leadership/Managerial experience.
- Current NYS RN Licensure.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Demonstrated leadership and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and prioritization skills.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.