LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Provides supervision to personnel in their assigned area of the NYPMG-Brooklyn-Urology -Park Slope.
Required: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in New York -Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner.
Preferred: 4+ years of experience in a Medical Practice leadership position.
- Evaluates individual productivity standards.
- Prioritizes and designates assignments and responsibilities to staff to ensure productivity of the area.
- Orients new personnel, evaluates performance and makes recommendations for promotions, transfers and termination.
- Provides input in problem/resolution issues and employee grievances.
- Develops and adjusts schedules of personnel in assigned area.
- Effectively communicates with peers, supervisors and other personnel.
- Maintains a complete comprehensive employee record for staff in designated area.
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for patients
- Prepares and coordinates material and information at staff meetings, workshops or other professional meeting working towards improvement of the delivery of patient care.
- Participates in educational activities offered by the NYPMG-Brooklyn Heights.
- Completes appropriate documentation of facility records (i.e. Occurrence Reports, Security Reports).
- Assesses and refers individuals, not currently registered, who arrive for care in the NYPMG- Brooklyn -Park Slope
- Participates in OPD Community Health Outreach projects and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains, updates and ensures completion of patient medical records.
- Participates in ongoing Quality Assurance/Improvement activities.
- Ensures patient education group guidelines and standards are maintained and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinates referral resources and procedures to maintain and improve patient care (i.e. V.N.A., Social Work, Home Care, Transportation, supply companies, mental health, etc.).
- Responds to socio-cultural aspects affecting patient care delivery and health care activities within the NYPMG-Brooklyn Heights Office as well as the community.
- Acts as a patient advocate, referring patient complaints to the Patient Representative when appropriate.
- Assesses patient physical, psychological, social and sexual dimensions, applies knowledge specific to age and developmental process of illness, injury and disease using available resources in the assessment process when appropriate.
- Communicates effectively with patients regarding their individual needs appropriate to age.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Coordinates patient care for specified primary patients (assessment, intervention, referral, patient care plan updates, follow-up, interdisciplinary communication, nursing team communication and on-going evaluation).
- Performs duties in compliance with safety and infection control guidelines.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the NYPMG-Brooklyn Heights Mission Statement.
- Complies with policies and procedures of MSO Brooklyn Heights Office.
- Complies with departmental policies on lateness, absenteeism and dress code.
- Assesses educational needs of personnel and assists in their goals for continued development.
- Ensures that nursing service standards are met in the Outpatient Department.
- Performs nursing procedures when appropriate.
- Demonstrates judgment and tact while exhibiting sensitivity to others.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.