Pharmacy Technician - Outpatient Pharmacy - 9:00am-5:00pm or 1:00pm-9:00pm, Including Weekends & Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the leadership team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Pharmacy Technician is responsible for the preparation of non-intravenous medication formulations, unit dosing and batch preparations of non-sterile medications, executing all quality assurance processes and procedures, and carrying out various distributive functions for patient care areas.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- PTCB [Pharmacy Technician Certification Board] required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Working weekends and holidays are required.
- Work requires frequent and constant periods of standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, color vision, reaching, stopping, manual dexterity and mobility. Must be able to occasionally lift, pull and push 25 pounds or more at intervals.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.