Pharmacy Technician - Inpatient Pharmacy - Evening Shift 3pm-11pm or 4pm-12am Including Rotating Weekends & Some Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Join the Pharmacy team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Pharmacy Technician, under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist and under the leadership of the QA Supervisor, assists with preparation of medication formulations of intravenous and non-intravenous medications. Such technicians are responsible for unit dosing and batching of sterile intravenous product preparations, executing all quality assurance processes and procedures relative to maintaining the sterile environment. In addition, carries out various distributive functions for patient care areas. A registered pharmacist will always directly supervise and is responsible for all performance and activities performed by the Pharmacy Technician.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- PTCB [Pharmacy Technician Certification Board] required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Working weekends and holidays are required.
- Work requires frequent and constant periods of standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, color vision, reaching, stopping, manual dexterity and mobility. Must be able to occasionally lift, pull and push 25 pounds or more at intervals.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.