Per Diem Ultrasound Technologist-NY Presbyterian Medical Group-Brooklyn- 6th. Avenue
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
- Explains procedure to patient to alleviate anxiety and discomfort. Prepares patient prior to examination in accordance with established procedures.
- Arranges for transport of patient to procedure area. Transfers and positions patient from wheelchair or stretcher onto examination table for optimal anatomic imaging.
- Assists in training resident and fellow staff in the basic requirements for operating equipment and performing patient examinations.
- Makes discretionary adjustments to equipment and patient position to ensure optimal diagnostic results. Monitors mages for possible growth retardation of fetuses in obstetrical sonograms. Labels images as appropriate.
- Ensures safety and comfort of patient throughout the procedure. Clean-up, debriefs and releases patient after receiving Doctor's consent and arranges for necessary transport of patient from procedure area.
- Processes films and reports in accordance with established procedures. Recognizes problems/malfunctions of machinery. Monitors appropriate service action by outside contractors.
- Assists in research projects as appropriate.
- Develops processes and transports images as per established guidelines set by Department of Radiology pertaining to Digital Radiography. May also develop and process film.
- Prepares and files miscellaneous patient related information in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains current registration and licensure that complies with CE credits.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of a one year approved ultrasound program
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (Sonography) or Registered Diagnostic Medical
- Sonographer certification. Certification will be required for hire
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.