Patient Service Facilitator - Patient Services Administration - Evening Shift Including Weekends-Holidays And Flexibility To Cover Other Shifts As Needed
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
NYP Advancing Care in Brooklyn
Discover Where Amazing Works
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, you have an exciting hands-on opportunity to provide centralized and consistent resources to patients, families and staff thereby enhancing communication, increasing patient satisfaction and promoting the patient/family experience. You will be responsible for setting the stage for the patient experience, by professionally and efficiently providing patients and visitors with unparalleled customer service in keeping with NewYork-Presbyterian’s goal of “We put Patients First.” You will have a direct positive impact on patient care by advocating on behalf of patients, family and interested parties to ensure patient rights are up-held.
This is a full time evening shift position including weekends/holidays and flexibility to cover other shifts as needed, located at NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proof of at least 40 hours of professional training in Medical Interpretation from an approved program or Certificate of completion from an approved continuing education program or Completion of an approved nationally recognized language proficiency assessment or Certification from either the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters or The Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters.
- Minimum of 6 months as a health care interpreter preferably in an acute care facility in person or remotely strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 500 hours field experience.
- Two years of experience as an interpreter.
- High school diploma/GED
- Experience in healthcare setting, preferably hospital and/or Emergency Department.
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions
- Analytical and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain the strictest levels of confidentiality
- Knowledge and ability to articulate the cultural and perceptual factors that affect communication between patient/family, providers and interpreters
- A command of the basic language, and all necessary technical terminology, in both languages including excellent command of the English language and target language; basic knowledge of medical terminology in English and target language
- Familiar with and able to perform in all modes of interpretation
- Possess knowledge and understanding and agrees with rules, policies and ethics related to medical interpretation.
- Excellent customer service/teamwork skills and flexibility.
- Ability to work within a team structure.
- Ability to rapidly prioritize competing demands.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.