Patient Placement Representative - Patient Flow - Days Including Rotating Weekends & Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, under the direction of the Patient Placement Operations Center Director/ Nursing Coordinator, the Patient Placement Representative ensures a smooth workflow within Bed Placement Operations. Ensure accurate and timely identification / assignment of beds for all admissions some of which may include the Patient Acute Care Unit (PACU), Emergency Department, Dosa, Inter-institutional Transfer and Direct Admissions. Monitor Tele-tracking / Cerner communications related to Bed requests, Isolation status and pending bed assignments. Verify the information to prevent placement errors. Accurately enter information into Eagle/Tele-tracking and Cerner systems when required. Continuously utilize the tools and systems provided to communicate status, changes and updates to all requests made. Communicate with PPOC leadership and support services of any delays where expediting is required. Perform a variety of clerical duties directly related to the Admissions, Discharges and Transfers of patients according to the New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital’s policies and procedures. Consolidate scheduled for procedural areas and bed placement requests to ensure accuracy of patient placement.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Bed Assignment experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Cerner + Eagle + Tele-tracking experience preferred.
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- Three-Five years of Registration experience in Admitting or Emergency Room department required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Understanding of hospital operations and bed assignment.
- Typing speed-35 wpm a must.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Multitask to meet department daily work objectives.
- Able to handle high stress environment.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.