Patient Flow Dispatcher - Central Patient Transport - Part-Time - Evening Shift 12:00pm-12:00am Weekend Shift Including Holidays & Some Weekdays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Weekends (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Patient Flow Dispatcher will be required to ensure appropriate dispatching of job assignments to support services personnel. In this role, you will be responsible for capturing all data associated with support service requests. You will be required to troubleshoot and determine best means of successfully dispatching job assignments to meet the Patient through-put standards established by the Patient Flow Department. You will be responsible for dispersing equipment and ensuring the appropriate use of the equipment. In collaboration with Bed Operations you will be responsible for ensuring the successful coordination of activity for best patient through-put practices.
- Associates Degree Preferred in Healthcare Administration or Health Management.
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative experience in a hospital environment or other health care facility.
- High School Diploma Required.
- At least 2 years of Hospital Support Service and/or Dispatcher experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot system problems related to computer or software systems and initiate internal or external resolution to system issues.
- Analytical ability to constantly evaluate task and personnel status; interpret demand and response times in accordance with patient acuity and personnel availability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills necessary to plan, organize, coordinate, and direct the activities of transport requests and associates' productivity.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.