Nurse Manager – RN - Med-Surg Hemodialysis - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Leadership That Inspires Excellence:
Patient Care Directors Make It Possible
Nurse Manager – RN - Med/Surg Hemodialysis - Days
At NewYork-Presbyterian, nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger. You’ll work with the brightest minds in healthcare to make tomorrow better for countless human beings. It’s the kind of nursing that requires an unwavering commitment to excellence and a constant spirit of professionalism. And it’s your opportunity to enjoy flexible scheduling, shared clinical decision-making, inspirational leadership, supportive colleagues and much more.
The Nurse Manager assumes first line leadership responsibility and accountability for managing the delivery of patient care on an assigned unit. Facilitates efficient and cost effective daily operations of the unit(s) in relation to patient throughput including admissions, discharges and transfers. Promotes a culture of safety and quality by ensuring continuity and consistency in the implementation of established standards, protocols, policies and procedures. In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, participates in the establishment of unit(s) short and long term goals and ensures its alignment with the hospital’s overall strategic goals. Accountable for monitoring staff compliance with regulatory, hospital and divisional requirements. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
This is a full time position from 7:30am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday, excluding weekends located at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Certification preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Master's Degree in Nursing or related field
- Current New York State RN license
- Leadership experience
- At least two years of acute Dialysis RN experience strongly recommended. Dialysis Clinic experience will be considered.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.