Patient Care Director-Nurse Manager – RN – Surgical Services - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Transformational Leadership, World-Class Care:
Patient Care Directors Define Where Amazing Works
New York-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist is a comprehensive academic health care delivery system, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the community. Talented leaders like you help us build on our success each day by engaging staff, driving improvements, and ensuring a positive experience for everyone we serve. Now, you have the opportunity to join us.
Patient Care Director/Nurse Manager – RN – Surgical Services - Days
Seize this opportunity to become a transformational leader In this role where you'll oversee the daily clinical operations in the Surgical Services Department. Drive evidence-based advancement within NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, representing the highest level of integrated care and cutting-edge surgery. Mentor, supervise and evaluate the team to reach their full potential and inspire their continued professional growth. Develop and manage budgets, manage resource allocation and scheduling. Regularly assess unit operations and identify process improvement to enhance the patient experience. Excel as a change agent, advancing initiatives focused on enhancing quality and performance throughout the unit.
This is a full-time, day shift position located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- Previous leadership and collaborative experience, preferably in an operating room or surgical unit
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license
- Minimum of two years of demonstrated clinical competency
- Demonstrated leadership competencies, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.