Nutrition Info System Coordinator - Food & Nutrition - Days Including Every Other Weekend & Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
In this role, the Nutrition Information Systems Coordinator coordinates and facilitates the use of information technology to enhance department services and ensures systems are configured, maintained, and optimized to enhance overall operations.
- Designs, tests, implements and maintains the Nutrition Services Data Base.
- Coordinate departmental information upgrades and changes pertaining to quality control.
- Facilitates the effective use of current and future systems: FSS, NSS, Event Master, Odyssey and Micros, etc
- Participate in technology utilization, such as selecting, using, maintaining and/or troubleshooting technology.
- Plans and schedules work load to effectively accomplish established goals and time frames.
- Organize, plan and manage projects to implement effective change.
- Keep track of user requests for systems within area of responsibility.
- Conduct department education to maintain appropriate staff competence.
- Promotes teamwork and quality patient care by demonstrating ability to positively collaborate with all co-workers and health care team members.
- Responses promptly and courteously to users problems.
- Understands systems behavior and performance, such as anticipating consequences of behaviors and cause-effect relationships.
- Keeps abreast of current nutritional practices and literature and integrates into practice the modern trends of nutrition therapy.
- Develops, implements, evaluates, and reports on performance improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrates judgment and tact when dealing with patients, visitors and coworkers.
- Maintains departmental records according to procedures.
- Conducts on-the-job orientation/in-service for employees.
- Participates in interviewing/hiring of new employees.
- Participates in disciplinary/termination grievance. Effectively disciplines (including verbal counseling, written warnings) employees in a timely basis.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with department members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the 1199 bargaining unit contract.
- Maintains the privacy of all patients.
- Performs all other job related duties required and unrelated duties in emergency cases.
- Associates Degree in Nutrition Sciences or Certified Food Protection Professional.
- Bachelor's Degree with completion of an ADA approved internship preferred.
- One to two full years of experience in a related position required.
- Knowledge of CBORD preferred.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.