Nurse Technician - Med/Surg M-8 - Part-time - Nights
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Night (United States of America)
In this role, the Nurse Technician will assist and support Registered Nurses in meeting the nursing care needs of the assigned patient population; responding appropriately to professional staff and patient demands while assisting management in sustaining a high quality of service.
- Assists the Registered Nurse in providing nursing care to assigned patients through the performance of nursing procedures.
- Provides basic hygiene to patients.
- Promotes patient comfort through correct positioning techniques and the appropriate use of assistive devices both in bed and in chair.
- Assists the Registered Nurses in maintaining patient's nutritional status and with tube feedings.
- Assists patients with patterns of elimination: empties bedpans, urinals and Foley bags.
- Takes and records vital signs, temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency required
- Successfully completion of an accredited Nurse Technician/Patient Care Technician Program or Nursing Assistant Certificate along with EKG and Phlebotomy Certificates
- 2-3 years of Nursing Assistant experience preferred
- Current CPR Training from the American Heart Association is required
- Basic computer literacy required
Must be able to lift, move, and position patients of all weights with varying amounts of assistance in a fair manner on a regular and recurring basis including dexterity of fingers, hands, arms and feet with sensory requirements of speech, touch, vision and hearing to normal range with corrections.
NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital is an equal opportunity employer
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.