Nurse Practitioner - NP – Behavioral Health - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Feel the Pulse of Amazing Things
At NewYork-Presbyterian, advanced nursing is a life-changing career journey focused on amazing patient outcomes every step of the way. Each of our nurses dares to be truly excellent – thriving in a compassionate culture of care and caring. Together, we improve the health of patients and their families, making our communities – and the world – stronger.
Nurse Practitioner - NP – Behavioral Health – Days
Transform your career as Nurse Practitioner at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. As an essential part of our Behavioral Health service line, work with a dynamic team to provide high quality care. In this position, you will be responsible for psychiatric assessment of adults, children and adolescents with behavioral health disorders in the emergency department and consults on the inpatient units. Collaborate with other professionals to determine the best care setting for the patient and family.
This is a full-time, Monday – Friday, 5- day shift position located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- PMH NP with at least 2 years of experience
- Previous RN or NP experience in Behavioral Health
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health Advanced Practice
- New York State Registered Nurse License
- Board Certification as PMH NP
- Board Certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and triage skills
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.