Nurse Manager - RN - Surgical Services - Evenings
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Evening (United States of America)
Leadership That Inspires Excellence:
Nurse Managers Make It Possible
Nurse Manager – RN – Surgical Services - Evenings
Practice the art and science of evidence-based surgical nursing at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Lead the charge in improving the patient care experience. Join an action-oriented team at an Ivy League medical center, and go to the next level in your nursing career.
Be a part of something big, something special, as an experienced transformational leader in our Surgical Services Department. Step up to the front line of best-in-class patient care delivery. Drive evidence-based advancement within NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, representing the highest level of integrated care and cutting-edge surgery. Manage the daily operations of the Operating Room unit to ensure personalized, evidence-based nursing practice and optimal patient flow. Inspire nurses to reach their full potential, and work closely with seasoned leaders who will help you reach yours. Be a strong leader in providing high quality innovative care. Assume front line responsibility for fiscal performance, resource allocation, scheduling, staff evaluation and patient care delivery on a 24-hour basis.
- Ideal candidates have leadership experience in an operating room or surgical unit.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential to success.
- At least one year of demonstrated leadership experience
- Three years' of RN experience in an Operating Room; preferably in GU, plastics and/or radiation oncology
- Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) or health related field required
- Current NYS RN licensure (or willingness to obtain)
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.