Nurse Coordinator - Patient Flow - Days Including Weekends & Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day Flex (United States of America)
Join the leadership team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Nurse Coordinator is responsible for coordinating hospital patient flow Works collaboratively with all members of the team of the assigned center and units to ensure high level patient care and optimal patient, physician and staff satisfaction. Supervises Patient Placement Representatives.
- Masters in Nursing or related field. If Masters in Nursing, BSN can be preferred.
- Critical Care or ED Experience preferred.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- BCLS/ACLS preferred.
- BSN required.
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience required.
- Current NYS RN Licensure required.
- Computer skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and effective communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of critical pathways, managed care and continuum of care.
- Demonstrate the ability to initiate, accept and adapt to change, flexible.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.