Medical Social Worker - Social Services Administration - Days Including Weekends & Holidays
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the leadership team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Medical Social Worker will be responsible for identifying patients requiring Social Work intervention. The Social Worker will identify and assess psychosocially complex cases requiring intervention to transition the patient to the next level of care, provide supportive counseling, education and develop and implement treatment and/or discharge plans. The Social Worker will coordinate complex discharges to appropriate care settings. The Medical Social Worker must have the ability to work closely with various interdisciplinary team members. The Social Worker must be able to prioritize their work carefully, as the position is fast paced. The Social Worker will be responsible to collaborate with community agencies and referral services.
- MSW degree from an accredited institution.
- Current licensed Social Worker in New York State (LMSW or LCSW).
- At least one (1) year of acute care setting experience.
- Demonstrate capacity for continued growth and professional development.
- Work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Work comfortably within the limitations of the medical setting.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.