Medical Assistant - Medicine Multi-Specialty Center for Community Health - Day Shift
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. The Center for Community Health, opening early 2021 in the heart of Park Slope at our NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, will set a new bar in personalized outpatient care -- from diagnosis to treatment -- by integrating new technologies and innovative clinical approaches to provide the highest quality care and enhance the patient experience.
This 400,000 –square foot, multi-specialty ambulatory center encompasses a Comprehensive Cancer and Women’s Health Center, 12 ambulatory surgery operating rooms and Multispecialty physician practices.
Medical Assistant - Medicine Multi-Specialty - Center for Community Health - Days
Make a lasting first impression at the Center for Community Health, meeting and greeting patients and family members in need of a compassionate ear and calm direction. Light up the room with your presence. Make the promise of Putting Patients First a reality at the Center for Community Health. Provide compassionate patient focus and superior customer service -keeping our fast-paced environments running smoothly. Coordinate appointments and perform general clerical duties at the unit nursing station to assure the timely, efficient and accurate flow of patient information. Assist Practitioners and Management by performing blood draws and taking vital signs of patients in clinic. Welcome and direct visitors and hospital colleagues to appropriate areas. Cultivate a courteous and respectful demeanor while multitasking between people and responsibilities.
This is a full-time, day shift 9:00AM - 5:00PM Monday-Friday position, located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist's Center for Community Health.
- Certification as Medical Assistant
- Previous Medical Assistant experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Successful completion of an approved Medical Assistant program
- Candidate must possess excellent judgment, communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure and deal effectively with all levels of staff
- Superior customer service skills and a strong commitment to providing an outstanding patient experience
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.