Medical Assistant - Ambulatory Care Services-Medicine Clinic - Days
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works
Make a lasting first impression at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital by meeting and greeting patients and family members in need of a compassionate ear and calm direction. Light up the room with your presence. Make the promise of Putting Patients First a reality at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist's Ambulatory Health Services Department.
Medical Assistant – Ambulatory Care Services/Medicine Clinic - Days
Provide compassionate, patient focus and superior customer service - keeping our fast-paced environments running smoothly. Coordinate appointments and perform general clerical duties to assure the timely, efficient and accurate flow of patient information. Assist Practitioners and Management by performing testing, taking vital signs and accurate histories or patients in practice. Welcome and direct visitors and hospital colleagues to appropriate areas. Cultivate a courteous and respectful demeanor while multitasking between people and responsibilities.
This is a full-time, Monday – Friday, day shift position with varied hours including 8AM – 4PM, 8:30AM – 4:30PM, 9AM – 5PM and 10AM – 6PM. This position is located at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a health care facility
- Candidate must possess excellent judgment, communication skills, and the ability to work under pressure and deal effectively with all levels of staff
- Basic computer skills required
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.