Mason-Plasterer - Facilities Management - Evening/Day Shifts Including Holidays & Every Other Weekend
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Join the facilities team at NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, under the guidance of the Supervisor, you will showcase your skills by performing plastering, masonry, tile repair and alteration work. This is a position with no supervisory responsibility. Duties include to Install, repair and maintain wall and floor tiles, i.e. vinyl, ceramic, quarry or terrazzo. You’ll Transport material, equipment and supplies; disposes of debris; keeps work areas orderly, clean and safe, and assist in movement of materials and equipment within the complex as required.
This is a full time position Monday-Friday 3:00pm-11:00pm, including every other weekend from 7:00am-3:00pm & holidays at NYP/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- Trade school certificate or apprenticeship completion.
- HILTI Firestop certification within 90 days of start date.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of three (3) years of Masonry experience.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Must have general maintenance, painting and wallpapering abilities.
- Ability to plan and perform job duties.
- Standing, walking, sitting, pushing/pulling 50+ lbs, lifting 10+ lbs, reaching, talking, hearing, color vision, manual dexterity/mobility, exposure to weather, extreme hot/cold, dust/vapors/fumes.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.