Manager Pharmacy - Center for Community Health Infusion Pharmacy - Day Shift Including Some Weekends & On-Call Hours As Needed
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
NYP Advancing Care in Brooklyn
Discover Where Amazing Works
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. The Center for Community Health, opening February 2021 in the heart of Park Slope at our NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, will set a new bar in personalized outpatient care -- from diagnosis to treatment -- by integrating new technologies and innovative clinical approaches to provide the highest quality care and enhance the patient experience.
This 400,000 –square foot, multi-specialty ambulatory center encompasses a Comprehensive Cancer and Women’s Health Center, 12 ambulatory surgery operating rooms and Multispecialty physician practices. Our new state-of-the-art building encompasses three 600 ton chillers, five individual air handling units and Schneider control systems.
Manager Pharmacy – Center for Community Health –Day Shift Including Some Weekends & On-Call Hours as needed
In this exciting role, you’ll be responsible for the immediate and direct supervision of all pharmacy staff members, all department supervisory staff and subordinates, staff pharmacists, interns, technicians, volunteers and clerkship externship students. You’ll have an opportunity to direct the workflow of pharmacy staff in coordinating proper staffing and coverage of all pharmacy areas, services and related functions.
This is a full time position located at the NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital Center for Community Health.
- Masters of Science degree with a specialization in Hospital Pharmacy Administration.
- 1 year Pharmacy residency training.
- Knowledgeable of USP 797/800 guidelines.
- Experience with chemotherapy compounding and operating room pharmacy operations.
- Experience with pharmacy automation (i.e. Omnicell cabinets & carousel)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacy or PharmD required
- 3 years hospital of hospital pharmacy experience.
- Currently licensed and Registered Pharmacist in New York State required
- In compliance with New York State CE Credit requirements
- Re-registration requires proof of required number of CE credits
- Basic knowledge of computer applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Standing, walking, sitting, pushing/pulling/lifting 10+ pounds, reaching, talking, hearing, manual dexterity/mobility, dust vapors/fumes.
Join us at NYP’s newest state-of-the-art ambulatory care center and make a difference in the lives of our patients as you build a rewarding career.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.