Manager Laboratory - Laboratory Service Core/Hematology - Days Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:00pm
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Join the leadership team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and lead a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Laboratory Manager is responsible for organizing and directing the daily activities of the laboratory section assigned. Maintain adequate inventory and supplies. Responsible for validity of test results, quality control and quality assurance. Participates in continuing education program. Has the authority to recommend, select, discipline and discharge personnel.
- Twelve months clinical training in all laboratory sections.
- ASCP certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related degree.
- Qualified as a medical technologist and has had at least six years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience subsequent to qualifying of which at least two years have been spent working in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level.
- Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.