Licensed Practical Nurse - NYP Medical Group Brooklyn
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Discover Where Amazing Works
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multi-specialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
LPN - NYP Medical Group Brooklyn - Internal Medicine
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides direct patient care as delegated by and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Contributes to the plan of patient care and assists in providing a therapeutic environment. Functions within the policies and procedures of the hospital, divisions, and the Clinical Nursing Departments.
Essential Job Duties
- Contributes to the development of the nursing care plan with the Registered Nurse.
- Observes, reports, and documents the patient’s response to illness, treatment and hospitalization.
- Provides for the daily nursing care needs of patients as reflected in the nursing care plan and assigned by the charge nurse.
- Performs all intravenous practices with the exception of the delivery of blood, bolus, chemo, etc.
- Performs selected treatments and procedures as determined by division/departmental policy and practice; for example, Tank Team assignment.
- Reinforces patient and family teaching as outlined by the Registered Nurse.
- Institutes and maintains measures for Universal Precautions and for the physical safety of patients.
- Adheres to the controlled substance procedure by counting, witnessing, receiving, etc.
- Observes cardiac monitor for heart rate.
- Seeks guidance from available resources as needed.
- Attend in-service and continuing educations programs to maintain current skills and practice
- Performs job-related activities as assigned by the charge nurse.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Graduate from an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing program.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Current licensure and registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.