Licensed Practical Nurse-NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group-Kings County
LocationNew York, New York
Shift:Day (United States of America)
Internal Medicine Practice
NewYork Presbyterian Medical Group-Brooklyn
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups (NYPMG) are part of the physician enterprise of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems affiliated with two world-renowned medical schools. Through primary care and multispecialty medical practices, the physicians and other health care professionals of NYPMG, in collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, provide families with high quality, patient-centered care close to home in the New York metropolitan area.
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides direct patient care as delegated by and under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Contributes to the plan of patient care and assists in providing a therapeutic environment. Functions within the policies and procedures of the hospital, divisions, and the Clinical Nursing Departments.
Essential Job Duties
- Contributes to the development of the nursing care plan with the Registered Nurse.
- Observes, reports, and documents the patient’s response to illness, treatment and hospitalization.
- Provides for the daily nursing care needs of patients as reflected in the nursing care plan and assigned by the charge nurse.
- Performs all intravenous practices with the exception of the delivery of blood, bolus, chemo, etc.
- Performs selected treatments and procedures as determined by division/departmental policy and practice; for example, Tank Team assignment.
- Reinforces patient and family teaching as outlined by the Registered Nurse.
- Institutes and maintains measures for Universal Precautions and for the physical safety of patients.
- Adheres to the controlled substance procedure by counting, witnessing, receiving, etc.
- Observes cardiac monitor for heart rate.
- Seeks guidance from available resources as needed.
- Attend in-service and continuing educations programs to maintain current skills and practice
- Performs job-related activities as assigned by the charge nurse.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Graduate from an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing program.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Current licensure and registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2018 “America’s Best Employers.” - Forbes
- 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.