Licensed Engineer – Center for Community Health – Licensed Engineer – Center for Community Health – Swing Shift
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
NYP Advancing Care in Brooklyn
Discover Where Amazing Works
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients in the New York metropolitan area and throughout the globe. The Center for Community Health, opening January 2021 in the heart of Park Slope at our NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, will set a new bar in personalized outpatient care -- from diagnosis to treatment -- by integrating new technologies and innovative clinical approaches to provide the highest quality care and enhance the patient experience.
This 400,000 –square foot, multi-specialty ambulatory center encompasses a Comprehensive Cancer and Women’s Health Center, 12 ambulatory surgery operating rooms and Multispecialty physician practices. Our new state-of-the-art building encompasses three 600-ton chillers, six individual air handling units and Schneider control systems.
Licensed Engineer – Center for Community Health – Swing Shift
In this role, under supervision, as a Licensed Engineer, you will ensure the operation and provision of utility services, heat, water, air conditioning, etc., on a 24-hour basis. Show case your skills by making emergency repairs, mechanical and electrical, to prevent or stop interruptions of utility services. You will have a direct opportunity to monitor chiller operations. Additional duties include, testing emergency generators, adjusting major air conditioning units and/or heat depending on needs to ensure proper temperature; checks exhaust and supply fans for proper ventilation.
This is a swing shift with rotating weekends and holidays, located at the NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital Center for Community Health.
- Minimum 1 year experience of operation of a chilled water plant.
- Working knowledge ofuse Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) any kind.
- High school diploma/GED
- FDNY-Certificate of Qualification Q-01 Refrigerating System Operating Engineer Refrigerating
- FDNY- Certificate of Fitness S-95Supervision of Fire Alarms Systems.
- FDNY Certificate of FitnessG-71 Supervision of Piped Non-Flammable Medical Gases.
- FDNY Certificate of FitnessA-35 Operate and Maintain Air Compressors or G-35 Operate Air Compressors required within 90 days of starting in role
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness P-98 Fuel Oil Piping and Storage System required within 90 days of starting in role
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness S-12 Citywide Sprinkler Systems required within 90 days of starting in role
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness S-13 Citywide Standpipe Systems required within 90 days of starting in role
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness S-14 Standpipe for Multi-Zone Systems required within 90 days of starting in role.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of operating Building Automatization System (BAS) of any kind.
- Working knowledge of operating centrifugal chillers.
- Working knowledge ofoperating commercial orindustrial HVAC systems and equipment.
- Understanding principles of HVAC control.
- Standing, walking, sitting, push/pull/lift 10+ lbs, reaching, talking, hearing, color vision, manual dexterity/mobility, exposure to weather, extreame hot/cold, dust/vapors, fumes.
Join us at NYP’s newest state-of-the-art ambulatory care center and make a difference in the lives of our patients as you build a rewarding career.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- 2021 "Employees' Choice Awards: Best Places to Work" - Glassdoor
- 2021 " Best Workplaces in Health Care & Biopharma" - Fortune
- 2020 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2020 "Working Mother 100 Best Companies" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Companies for Multicultural Women" - Working Mother
- 2020 "Best Workplace for Men in Nursing" - American Association for Men in Nursing
- Discover why at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
It all begins with you. Our amazing compensation packages start with competitive base pay and include recognition for your experience, education, and licensure. Then we add our amazing benefits, countless opportunities for personal and professional growth and a dynamic environment that embraces every person. Join our team and discover where amazing works.