Lead Stationary Engineer - Facilities Management - Part-Time - Day Shift – Including Some Weekends-Holidays & Schedule Variations
LocationBrooklyn, New York
Shift:Rotating (United States of America)
Join the team at NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital, a 591-bed hospital affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College, where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care to patients. The vibrant, family and community culture offers you the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues across all areas of the Hospital, and work with a team of engaged individuals all focused on improving patient care. Find out how you can Make It Possible:
In this role, the Lead Stationary Engineer, under supervision, operates, maintains, adjusts and trouble shoots team plant and electromechanical building equipment; performs related work.
This is a part-time day shift – 5:30am-1:30pm position including some weekends/Holidays & schedule variations
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness S-12 Citywide Sprinkler Systems.
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness S-13 Citywide Standpipe Systems.
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness S-14 Standpipe for Multi-Zone Systems.
- FDNY Certificate of Fitness G-71 Supervision of Piped Non-Flammable Medical Gases.
- Working knowledge of use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) any kind.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 5years’ experience of operation high pressure steam generation plant.
- At least 5years’ experience of operation chilled water production plant with centrifugal chillers.
- NYC Department of Buildings-High Pressure Boiler Operating Engineer License.
- FDNY-Certificate of Qualification Q-01 Refrigerating System Operating Engineer Refrigerating.
- FDNY-Certificate of Fitness S-95Supervision of Fire Alarms Systems.
- FDNY Certificate of FitnessA-35 Operate and Maintain Air Compressors.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of operating Building Automatization System (BAS) of any kind.
- Working knowledge of operating high pressure boilers and centrifugal chillers.
- Working knowledge of operating commercial or industrial HVAC systems and equipment.
- Understanding principles of HVAC control.
- Standing, walking, sitting, pushing/pulling/lifting 10+ lbs, reaching, talking, hearing, color vision, manual dexterity/mobility, exposure to weather, extreme hot/cold, dust/vapors/fumes.
Join a healthcare system where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Here we foster a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion. Enjoy comprehensive and competitive benefits that support you and your family in every aspect of life. Start your life-changing journey today.
- #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2019-2020." - U.S.News & World Report
- 2019 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
- 2019 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
- 2019 "America's Best Employers in New York State" - Forbes
- 2019 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
- 2019 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.